Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Getting Old is OK...........

As a 76 year old guy let me give you my observation about getting old.... it's really not as bad as we were told. Yeah there are new little aches and pains that you never had before or sometimes you forget words or thoughts that just disappear as you were about utter them. Ever go into a room with a definite goal in mind and then wonder what you're doing there!! This is called aging. Nothing unusual about it just a phase of life we haven't experienced before. The other option is not so good.

What helps me the most in keeping a sharp mind as I age is to exercise more and eat less. Exercise stimulates the mind with the increase of blood flow to the brain and eating less allows my body to work more efficiently by not having the stomach work harder breaking down more food than we need. Now this may seem like a simple answer to what we've been taught to believe but my suggestion is to try it and see for yourself. It works for me.

Keep It Simple, Consistent and Fun










No comments:

Post a Comment