Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Fountain of Youth....really!!!

I always thought the expression "Fountain of Youth" was a dream of Ponce de Leon, the Spanish  explorer, who in 1535 was looking to cure his aging!! We all know there's really no such fountain, so when a friend recommended I read a book with that title I was inclined to say no, but I agreed. As a 76 year old I know without a doubt there's no cure for aging. I also know that worrying about aging is a waste of time. The best thing to do is keep yourself as healthy and vital as possible as you age by developing good eating habits and plenty of exercise.

Back to the book which I read. It basically suggest 5 exercises that will help you stay fit and vital into eternity, yeah!!! There's a lot of silly information out there about how to live longer on vegan diet, or low caloric diet, etc., of which none of them have any research to back it up. How could they since these studies only began thirty years ago or so.

Again back to the book. Much to my surprise these so called 5 great exercises are really very good and can be done anywhere, the park, your living room and even when traveling. If your interested in the pictures go to the book 'Ancient Secret of the Fountain of Youth' written by Peter Kelder.

I'm not suggesting you'll live forever but if you do them on a regular basis it will in my opinion fill all your exercise needs for the day.


Keep it Simple, Consistent and Fun.


Watch for my website, aprimelife.com coming soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment