Monday, April 1, 2013

Less Quantity and More Quality

The quantity and quality of the foods we eat are so essential to a healthy life and becomes even more important as we pass the age of 50.

Why is that? Well my experience as an active 76 years old, by that I mean I travel a lot, exercise daily, play tennis and bike whenever and were ever I can, I've have found that I need considerable less food than when I was 35 years old. After I passed 50 I slowly began to eat more of a mediterranean diet consisting of less meat and process foods (potato chips, etc) and more fruits and vegetables. I love bread  especially baguettes covered with extra virgin olive oil with a touch of vinegar while eating sliced tomatoes, garbanzo beans, scallions again all drenched in olive oil.  Yes!!!

Now 25 pounds lighter than at 35 years old I eat very differently. I eat simple whole foods and drink only water and coffee in moderation. I avoid process foods whenever possible. There is nothing difficult about eating that kind of a diet which allows me to feel good and still have plenty of energy to do all the physical stuff I love to do.

Keep It Simple Consistent and Fun.

Watch for my website aprimelife.com, coming soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment