Thursday, June 6, 2013

Eat less.....!!!!!!

Eat less, wow what a concept when you're thinking about losing weight!!!

What I have found is most of us don't want to eat less, we want to eat as much as we want. Well as a 76 year old guy I can tell you that's a tricky thing and probably won't work unless you exercise hours each day and even then it might not work. My experience is the best way to lose weight is not by just exercising but by eating less calories. You know the line: calories in calories out, well it's truth if you eat more calories than you burn off you will gain weight, pretty simple concept.

It's really not a hard thing to do. I lost 20 pounds over a 15 year period from 60 years old to 75 years old. I was 165 and am now 150 and here is what I did. Without really thinking about it I began to eat more of a plant diet meaning fruits and veggies and less fatty or processed foods. Also I took more time to eat, chewed my food slowly and most important ate less food.

In conjunction with eating less I stepped up my exercise with more running, weights, biking whenever possible and started to play tennis which I still do today.

Going back to the original thought of eating less in my opinion you will lose weight faster by starting to exercise in conjunction with eating less food. It's really not a hard concept just give it time and enjoy the journey.

Keep it Simple, Consistent and Fun.

Watch for my website, aprimelife.com coming soon.







No comments:

Post a Comment