Friday, June 24, 2011

Fall apart past 70 ???


I recently listened to the topic of healthcare be discussed by a journalist that reports on healthcare and a US senator who is in his mid fifties. The focus was on those 70+ and the grave danger they're in!! The senator, who is 55 said and I quote, "people over 70 begin to fall apart."
First of all how would he know that, he's only 55. Why not ask someone who is that age, they're the experts. As a 74 year old I can tell you the difference between being 55 and 74 because I've been there. I can also talk about how paying closer attention to my health when I entered my fifties made a huge difference in my health today.
I began eating a little less, cutting out fatty foods, reducing my alcohol intake, getting more sleep and increasing the amount of exercise I did each week. Because of that, "I'm not falling apart," nor should any one else in there 70's if the take care of themselves. Just get started.
Keep it Simple, Consistent and Fun

No comments:

Post a Comment