Saturday, July 2, 2011

Things we know but need to be reminded.


"Chips, Fries, Soda Most to Blame for Long-Term Weight Gain."

This is a study done by the New England Journal of Medicine. It's wonderful to know that this kind of research is being done, but it seems to me that we are being made aware of something we already know.

How many who are over 55 think that chips, sodas and fries are good for us? My guess would be that none of us is the answer. We all know that chips and fries have an enormous amount of salt and sodas have a great deal of sugar, two items that as we grow older should be reduced greatly.

I'm not a purist in any sense of the word but I did cut out sodas years ago when I realized what was in those sugary drinks. It took a while getting used to not drinking sodas but was it worth it.

Keep it Simple, Consistent and Fun

No comments:

Post a Comment