Monday, June 27, 2011

Top Ten Problems for Seniors


Research shows that there are 10 health problems that affect most seniors, subject to local variations. Applying my experience I'll briefly discuss one of them each week, so today let's start with high blood pressure. (hypertension)

If untreated it can lead to heart attack and strokes. A healthy diet and increased exercise are important for everyone with raised blood blood pressure. By starting to exercise on a daily basis you can help to prevent high blood pressure.

I exercise everyday and still have high blood pressure. Why? Because I have a family history of this condition, so my doctor recommended that I take a low dosage drug that keeps my blood pressure in the safe zone. If I didn't exercise on a daily basis I would not doubt have to take a more potent drug which in many cases has undesirable side affects. Another important culprit creating high blood pressure is salt. Salt is not bad for you but it's use should be kept at a minimum. An increase in fruits and vegetables, in my experience, is also very helpful.
Keep it Simple, Consistent and Fun

No comments:

Post a Comment