Saturday, September 7, 2013

Do stuff in nature............

"The challenges of exercise are more complex in the real world as opposed to the controlled environment of the gym."

Let me say that more simply, exercise in a natural setting meaning outside, in my opinion, is the best way to exercise. Spinning classes and running on the treadmill are things that people do quite often especially when the weather is bad or it's just easier when you have time constraints. Having said that there is no exercise experience like riding outdoors on a bike path, running through a park or on a mountain trail which not only pushes you harder but also allows you to breath fresh air from nature.

As a runner, biker, tennis player and a sometime gym guy let me tell you how little I like going inside to the gym. I do it because strength training, in my opinion, helps me in the other three sports so I put up with the bad lighting, stinky air and silly chatter.

I didn't mention yoga, which I do on occasion, because it's so focused and concentration is so important. Outside noises can be very distracting to this very calming form of exercise. So inside is good though I have seen it done in parks which I do whenever possible.

Keep it Simple, Consistent and Fun.

Watch for my website, aprimelife.com coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment